Even the most positive people in the world experience sadness, loneliness and hurt which is OKAY. Its how we handle the difficult times when they come, we can choose to remain in the negative vibration and dwell on what happened to us. But we as humans have the power to change our thoughts. We can do this by replacing the negative thoughts with a positive one by thinking of special memories, and doing activities that bring us joy.
With my years of battling negative thoughts, I found ways that have helped me become more at peace with who I am. I have found these steps below to be very helpful when shifting your mindset.
- Mediation – Mediating is the best way to raise your energy and to reach a calm state of mind. Guided meditation is great to use especially when you are new to meditation. All that is required is to find a peaceful place to sit or lay down and peacefully drift away while the renewing of your subconscious mind takes place.
- Listening to Music – When the feeling of loneliness creeps in, I find that listening to your favorite music can dramatically shift your vibration. I love listening to Sam Smith, and AfroBeat singing and dancing along. The feelings I experience are amazing I feel relaxed and at peace with myself. I can jump back up and do the things that I love again.
- Eating favorite food– Food is your best friend especially when you are feeling under the weather. I adore food as it brings so much happiness and comfort. So cook yourself your best meal or if you are like me just order In! You deserve it.
- Reaching out to a friend– True friends will always be there for you, through the bright and dark days. Reaching out to a close friend and grabbing a coffee at Caffe Nero can be very relaxing.
- Treating yourself to Online Shopping! – Don’t you just love scrolling down your phone and looking at the amazing clothes on Pretty Little Thing, Boohoo, ASOS, Ooo it feels great! So grab yourself a Coffee and start scrolling. Let’s find our happy selves again yay.
- Reading self-help books -My all-time favorite books are The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill and Becoming A Leader by Dr. Myles Munroe. These specific books and many others have changed the way I look at life and I couldn’t be more grateful for it! So Thank you.
- Motivational Videos– I remember when I was in year 11 and my Headteacher introduced us to a video on YouTube at our assembly. The video was off Les Brown and Eric Thomas giving a powerful speech on staying focus and chasing your dreams. Wow! I was left with goosebumps. This is what I needed to hear especially at the time when I was finding myself in the world. I remember heading home with so much excitement and googling Les Brown, Eric Thomas and till this day they have inspired me and I am consistently trying to work on my dreams. I am grateful that I voluntarily attended the assembly cause if I hadn’t I would have never known about motivational videos and the direct impact they can have on your life. By fair means, I would have been lost.